DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING - PROJECT 1
23 April 2025 - 21 May 2025 ( Week 1 - Week 5 )
Hsu Myat Wati | 0381660 | Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Digital Photography and Imaging | Taylor's University
1. Project 1A
| Exercise 1 |
Composition Choice: For Exercise 1, physical collage, I chose this one out of the three because it has the best hierarchy from big, medium, to small. First, I used a bigger picture of the model from the magazine to give it a strong silhouette. Then, from the leading line of the text, ' Elegance', I put the medium-sized figure right under the heading. Lastly, I put the smaller pieces in appropriate places to balance out the whole composition.
Color Choice: I chose the combination of muted colors like brown and beige with the saturated red and pink to give a strong contrast and sharpness to the composition.
![]() |
| Exercise 2 |
In exercise two, this one looks the most unique to me as it gives off a different feeling from the other two. I gave this a parallel perspective, which creates more depth. I also made the size of the people standing different to give it a more dramatic and fantasy theme.
2. Project 1B - Part 1
![]() |
| Exercise 1 |
![]() |
| Exercise 2 |
Project 1B - Part 2
![]() |
| Exercise 1 |
![]() |
| Exercise 2 |
3. Reflections
The 5-week journey of Project 1 was a valuable experience for me. All the exercises taught me a lot of new techniques that I'd never known before. I also get to improve a lot of technical and design thinking skills when it comes to compositions.
Creating a physical collage was the most fun learning for me. I also got to see my friends working hard on their collage and learned a lot from them. I realized everyone has their own perspective and different thinking processes.
The process of digital collage was a lot easier than the physical one once we got used to the tools. It is also open to endless creations since we can make as many compositions as we want using the same materials.
Blending the figure into the whole different background was also fascinating. It was not easy to combine two different images taken with different lighting and make them seem realistic. I'm also starting to get used to the Photoshop tools and functions as I follow the tutorials for each exercise.
3. Reflections
The 5-week journey of Project 1 was a valuable experience for me. All the exercises taught me a lot of new techniques that I'd never known before. I also get to improve a lot of technical and design thinking skills when it comes to compositions.
Creating a physical collage was the most fun learning for me. I also got to see my friends working hard on their collage and learned a lot from them. I realized everyone has their own perspective and different thinking processes.
The process of digital collage was a lot easier than the physical one once we got used to the tools. It is also open to endless creations since we can make as many compositions as we want using the same materials.
Blending the figure into the whole different background was also fascinating. It was not easy to combine two different images taken with different lighting and make them seem realistic. I'm also starting to get used to the Photoshop tools and functions as I follow the tutorials for each exercise.





Comments
Post a Comment