Interactive Narrative Design

23 April 2026 - 27 July 2026 ( Week 1  - Week 14 )

Hsu Myat Wati | 0381660 | Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Interactive Narrative Design | Taylor's University

MIB

Project Brief

Task 1

Task 2

Task 3

Peer1_Julia (experienced in gaming)

Peer2_Ayda (a bit experienced in gaming)

Peer3_Audrey (beginner in gaming)

Task 4


Final Reflection

This module was one of the most challenging but also one of the most enjoyable modules I have taken. Before this, I only thought game design was about making characters and creating a story. After completing this project, I realised many things are happening behind the scenes, from planning the gameplay and designing the player experience to fixing bugs and testing the game.

The thing I learned the most was how to think from the player's perspective. While developing my game, I often thought something was clear because I already knew how it worked. However, after watching my friends play during user testing, I noticed that some parts were confusing. Their feedback helped me improve the game and reminded me that good design is not about what the creator understands, but what the player understands.

I also learned a lot about using Unity. There were many moments when I got stuck because of scripts, UI, or unexpected bugs. Sometimes I spent hours trying to fix one small problem. Although it was frustrating, I learned to be more patient and solve problems one step at a time. Every time I managed to fix something, I felt really satisfied because I knew I had learned something new.

The part I enjoyed the most was seeing my game slowly come together. It started with just an idea, and by the end of the semester it became something people could actually play. I also enjoyed designing the environment, choosing the colours and music, and creating the overall feeling of the game. It made me realise how much small details can change the player's experience.

Overall, this module taught me that creating an interactive narrative is not just about telling a story. It is about creating an experience that players can enjoy and understand. Even though there were many challenges throughout the project, I learned a lot from every mistake and every piece of feedback. I feel more confident in using Unity now, and I hope I can continue improving my game development and storytelling skills in future projects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Typography - Final Compilation & Reflection

Advanced Typography - Task 3: Type Exploration and Application

Advanced Typography - Task 2: Key Artwork & Collateral