Project 1

5 March 2026 - 21 March 2026 ( Week 5  - Week 7 )

Hsu Myat Wati | 0381660 | Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Information Design | Taylor's University

Sketches

After looking through 'Pasta Grannies' YouTube channel, I decided to go with the 'seafood soup' a 90-year-old grandpa made. Since there are a lot of pasta-making videos on the channel, I wanted to try something different. During Week 5, I started with some paper sketches of my ideas. 

sketch 1


sketch 2

After getting feedback from my lecturer, I decided to go with sketch 2.

Ingredients drawing progress (Procreate)











Layout progress (Procreate)




Layout progress (Canva)

Before Feedback

After consultation, I scaled down the cooking steps to make more space for the title, so the layout feels more breathable. I also make the final soup illustration to fully appear. More details and step-by-step instructions have been added to make it easier to follow. 

After Feedback

Layout progress (Adobe Illustrator)

Before Feedback

I changed the title font and spread it across the layout. I also use two different colors to give consistent contrast on every gradient background.  

After Feedback

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Typography - Final Compilation & Reflection

Advanced Typography - Task 3: Type Exploration and Application

Advanced Typography - Task 2: Key Artwork & Collateral