Task 04 Final Project

29 June 2025 - 27 July 2025 ( Week 10 - Week 14 )

Hsu Myat Wati | 0381660 | Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Illustration and visual narrative | Taylor's University

Table of contents


1. DOCUMENTATION




2. FINAL OUTPUT




3. TECHNIQUES APPLIED

Sketching

I used the Handbook Sketch in Procreate to do the four sketches for my storyboard. I go through the photography of a model online and in magazines to get a reference for my sketches. 

Coloring

I used the airbrush, acrylic brush, and blending tool to paint my sketches. This phase was the most exciting since I played around with a variety of pastel colors. Also, this phase took the most time to complete, as I had to fix several times through the process. 

Animating

I did my animation using Photoshop timeline after I exported the PSD file of my work from Procreate. I did a few simple animations in the background. 

Final Editing

I did the final editing in Cupcut. For transition, I used the 'Blur in' animation for the first frame and the 'Mix' animation for the remaining three. I chose life-inspirational, calming instrumental as my background music, and a soft storyteller voice for narration.

4. SELF REFLECTION

This project taught me how to convey a message using visual elements like color theory, contrast, and emphasis. I got an opportunity to use the knowledge I got from my first semester ‘Design Principles’ module. It was very helpful to revise what I’ve learned, and to look forward to what more I can learn in the future.

 

I also learned new tools throughout the animation process. Since I did the animation in Photoshop, I get to explore the Photoshop timeline and rendering process. I made a lot of mistakes by mixing up the layers when illustrating in Procreate. However, I manage to deal with it systematically by naming and grouping the layers. Although I tried editing the final video in Adobe Premiere, I could not finish it smoothly till the end since my computer experienced crashes a lot. So, I decided to use ‘Capcut’, the app that I’m most comfortable with when it comes to video editing. Surprisingly, it took quite a long time to find the best background music in Capcut that would match the theme of my animation. Nevertheless, I came across a very soothing, inspiring instrumental, and I decided to go with it. 


The whole process, starting from sketching to final editing, was a challenging yet interesting journey. Since I am a beginner, I still struggle to get the perfect outcome of my imagination. Throughout the entire process, I stayed on the right track by seeking guidance from our lecturer, receiving feedback, reflecting on the things I did right and those I did wrong, and correcting my mistakes. Overall, I still have a long way to go in learning more about illustrations and visual narrative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Typography - Final Compilation & Reflection

Advanced Typography - Task 3: Type Exploration and Application

Advanced Typography - Task 2: Key Artwork & Collateral