Task 03 Animated Composition
8 June 2025 - 29 June 2025 ( Week 7 - Week 10 )
Hsu Myat Wati | 0381660 | Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Illustration and visual narrative | Taylor's University
Table of contents
1. DOCUMENTATION
2. FINAL OUTPUT
3. TECHNIQUES APPLIED
Sketching
I started with a pencil sketch for the main figure. The accessories and the costume were inspired by the ancient Bagan look from my moodboard. By doing research online, I tried my best to get the simple posture of a girl releasing a lantern into the sky.
Background
I created the background in Procreate. This is also inspired by the ancient Bagan city from my moodboard. I looked through the references online for the structure of Bagan's Buddhist temples and applied them in my illustration to create a sense of an ancient city. The reason why I did the background in Procreate is that I want to blend the artistic style, which I can get with the Procreate brushes, and the clean line art with Illustrator's pen tool.
Line art
Then, in Illustrator, I did my line art, coloring, and shadows of the main figure and the lanterns. I created all the lanterns in separate layers since I will animate them in After Effects later. I also started noticing my improvement in adjusting the line weight of the strokes in this phase.
Finalizing the overall visual
After that, I combined my illustrated background with the gradient background in Adobe Illustrator. And, I also organized the layers to figure, lantern, and background so that it is easier for me to transfer to Photoshop, then to After Effects.
Animation
Finally, I animated my final artwork in Adobe After Effects. I used all the techniques that I learned in the week 9 tutorial class.
4. SELF REFLECTION
These four weeks of completing task 3 were a rewarding journey for me. Not only did I learned new tools and techniques, but I also learned more about my country's historical features and traditional festivals.
Each step was as interesting and exciting for me to complete and see the results. I also share my ideas with my friends, and they also do the same. It was fascinating to see the process of their ideas, sketches, and final animation. I also learned a lot from them, seeing things from different perspectives.
Overall, my very first animation experience was challenging yet worth the time and effort I put in. I am determined to remember and apply all the knowledge I got from finishing this task.

.jpg)





Comments
Post a Comment